Although Environmental organizations and area Indigenous Nations have fought in and out of courts for decades to stop ecological destruction and desecration of the San Francisco Peaks, the US Forest Service and other government agencies have permitted their expansion plans.
Snowbowl wants to be the first in the world to use 100% reclaimed sewage water. No other ski resort on the entire planet has ever proposed such a plan.
As of today, Snowbowl has received permission from the U.S. Forest Service to make snow from water trucked from an unidentified source, in an attempt to make more money during Spring Break.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
We’re asking you to join us in sending a message to the greedy multimillionaire owners of Snowbowl by choosing NOT to recreate there. There are plenty of other places where we can recreate with respect!
SNOWBOWL’S EXPANSION PLANS INCLUDE:
• Clear cutting more than 30,000 trees, including old growth, in a rare alpine habitat.
• New Runs, Lifts, Parking lots in an area that is also home to threatened species.
• Digging and blasting trenches for a 14.8 mile pipeline
• 180,000,000 gallons of treated sewage effluent for snowmaking on 205 acres.
• 10,000,000 gallon treated sewage storage pond.
STOP SNOWBOWL’S GREED!
• The Peaks are Holy to more than 13 Indigenous Nations.
• Snowbowl does not significantly contribute to the overall economy of Flagstaff.
• The sewage effluent has been proven to contain harmful contaminants such as pharmaceuticals, hormones, and cancer causing agents.
• Global Warming will make skiing in Arizona less viable in the near future.
• Ski Area Citizens’ Coalition has rated Arizona Snowbowl Among the Ten Worst Ski Areas
More info and background: www.truesnow.org, www.indigenousaction.orgNumber of Views: 3133